Infrastructure Engineer-Digital IT Organization
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Austin, Texas, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
The ability to drive human progress through technology relies on robust and reliable IT infrastructure – and that’s what our IT Infrastructure team provides to our customers. We’re a team of experts optimizing the performance and integrity of IT infrastructure and ensuring consistency and synchronization across all infrastructure components. Alongside supporting new and existing applications, we work with other IT groups and business units to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Infrastructure Engineer on our Dell Digital team in Round Rock, TX.
What you’ll achieve
Help strengthen solutions and products that transform the way we live and work. The Infrastructure Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation and validation of solutions that provide the backbone to one of the largest IT companies in the world. By creatively solving problems, you can help Dell Technologies change the digital landscape around the world.
- Create, execute and report on plans that test and benchmark some of the newest software and hardware infrastructure solutions Dell Technologies has developed.
- Deploy, monitor and maintain solutions within the infrastructure environment
- Interface with teams to understand their future needs
- Assist in the support and debug of issues found during testing
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 3+ years systems administration/engineering experience of virtualized infrastructure and/or cloud service
- Knowledge of base operating system Install/Admin/Configure (Windows Linux, VMware) and VMware vSphere Install/Admin/Configure
- Experience with compute, storage and networking tests and benchmarks
- Enthusiastic about learning new software, hardware and tools
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently or in a team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in Round Rock. This position is currently remote but will be an on-site role following the Dell Round Rock offices reopening
- Experience with containers, networking, database, or SAN administration
- Creation of scripts to automate test processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technology
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"LI-Priority"Job ID: R134832