Technical Staff - Software Engineering (Cloud Application Architect)
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Job Title: Technical Staff Software Engineering (Cloud Application Architect), Modern Computing Solutions Group (Part of CSG)
Job location: Bangalore
Reporting Manager: Director, Bangalore, India
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 140,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director of Engineering on our client product development team in Bangalore.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Our Modern Computing Solutions Software Engineering team ensures that our customers have the software systems they need for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and deliver software systems modifications as well as enhancements of new products. We oversee product development at all stages: planning, designing, developing and testing of software and hardware products.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Technical Staff Software Engineering (Cloud Application Architect) on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore.
This position is for Software cloud application Architect in Dell Modern Computing Solutions Software and Solution team, Bangalore. The MCSG Software and Solution team tightly integrated with most of the development organizations, including platforms, OS engineering, systems management, cloud, and Telemetry. This position works very closely with its US, China, Taiwan counterparts: Engineering, Marketing, Quality, Product test, support, and core teams.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Cloud application architect will be responsible for designing one or more S/W applications or cloud services.
- Expertise in building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and developing Java microservices for cloud based architectures.
- Extensive experience in software development using Restful API
- Experience in enterprise architecting and implementing highly scalable, high available web UI applications and backend systems
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Public Cloud Providers(AWS, Azure)
- Architect and developed cloud-based management capabilities such as Policy/profile based management, multi-tenant, content management
- Solid understanding and hands on experience of Edge Computing management
- Good knowledge of Build and Release, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
- Strong knowledge and working experience in container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of architecture patterns for on-premises, hybrid, and cloud native applications to be used to define feature needs for the platform
- Experience in understanding of DevOps processes and tools specially on Cloud environment i.e. AWS, Azure
- Strong hands-on experience on any flavors of Linux (Ubuntu, Red hat, SUSE)
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments/roadmaps.
- Experience in enterprise technology buying and evaluation process. Understanding of large scale computing solutions.
- Experience in the below Tech stack elements is expected.
- AngularJS, Node JS
- Data Visualization Framework like D3
- 18+ years of experience in Cloud, SaaS, building enterprise solution.
- Exposure to public cloud stacks (one or more) AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience in implementing and deploying cloud-based solutions
- Strong hands-on experience with major cloud infrastructures and solutions
- Experience in developing and debugging in one or more of the languages C# and/or Python, designing/implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Being Hands-On technically in the current role is mandatory
- Experience in network infrastructure, security, and application development.
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: engineers, management, and support
- BS or MS Engineering degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Electrical Engineering
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"#NJP"Job Family: Software-Engineer Engineering Tech-Support Job ID: R135384
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.