Business Intelligence Advisor
Primary Location: Remote - Massachusetts, United States
Remote - Texas, United States
Business Intelligence Advisor
Join us as a Business Intelligence Advisor in our Telecom Systems Business team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
We are looking for talented, driven, self-starters to join our Telecom Systems Business Engineering team. The Business Intelligence Advisor will be a highly leveraged member of the Engineering organization, working in close partnership with our Business Intelligence lead and the entire operations team. She/he will support requests from leaders and teams across the organization to deliver strategic insights and ongoing operational metrics. A strong candidate will work at both a strategic and operational level to programmatically drive initiatives.
Please apply for this position if you love the art of the possible! The ideal candidate will be detail oriented while understanding the big picture, with a strong technical background, a record of innovation, and a love for problem solving. She/he will work with geographically dispersed teams and across organizational barriers; experience operating in a complex enterprise environment is desired.
- Drive the gathering, analysis, and visualization of operational data to be used for both internal engineering operations and executive level reports.
- Consult with engineering leaders, program managers, and business operations leaders to support efforts both strategic and operational. This will include executing known requirements along with developing and pitching innovative solutions based on your suggestions and knowledge.
- Partner across all of TSB & Dell to leverage data sources and create automation to fuel efficiency in TSB Engineering.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to contribute facts to strategic programs and decisions.
- Develop automated processes to cleanse, integrate and blend large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 3 – 4 with a Master’s degree in analytics or similar field.
- Expert Business Intelligence / Reporting abilities using tools including Smart Sheets, Tableau, Power BI, and Jira. Experience developing SQL scripts highly desired.
- Experience with Atlassian software, including the database schema for JIRA
- Excellent understanding of internal business processes, business management applications, and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to promote work.
- Natural problem solver that can troubleshoot and overcome challenges independently.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 22OCT2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"TelcoBU"Job ID: R141874